Thursday, June 17, 2004

Spirits greatly lifted

There were some happenings in the office today that made me unhappy and puzzled over how to deal with.

I originally thought of cancelling my Mandarin class. But I figured that I’ve cancelled one too many classes already, so I had better resume tonight.

And I’m so glad I did.

In a way I wanted to brush up on my conversation skills. So Lao Shi and I spoke about office politics, people relations, human behaviour and feelings. He gave me some really good advice and I know better now how to handle the situation, now and in the future.

And he was so nice, he didn’t want to be paid! I pay him at every class, but today he refused to take it, saying that he was sharing information, not doing any actual teaching. I felt so bad, so I made him take a bottle of vitamins away as a token of appreciation. There were extras anyway.

God bless him.



Listening: ‘The Great American Songbook – Volume II’ by Rod Stewart.
I love this album. And it would be so nice to sway and dance to, with your loved one’s arms around you, cheek to cheek. My favourite song at the moment is ‘Time after time’.
Feeling: Strong, strengthen, clear-headed. Greatly inspired and lifted in spirit.