Saturday, July 03, 2004

Everything's fine

I poured out my feelings to a friend (a darling fren in NZ who happened to call me!! I love you darling! You know who you are!) and he advised me to either speak to him personally or to talk to him professionally with a neutral superior in attendance, becos I really must make a stand on this issue of his behaviour.

I didnt want to make it over the board by getting another colleague involved. So I just went up to him and told him that i wanted to talk to him in private. so we sat and i told him that what he did was inappropriate. To his credit, he sincerely realised that he was wrong and that he had sent an email to apologised to my marketing manager, and when this morning I didn't greet him, he knew tht things weren't quite right. And he knows that his black moods are not good. And he will try to be more aware. I think when I told him that his words hurt me, he really saw where he was wrong.

Well, I did cry a little. Becos I was so relieved! That things were gonna be fine.

As for his assumption that i dislike my other colleague, he felt from the few comments I've made before and recently (we were really stressed over the recent July production magazine and i did raise my voice to her) that i seem to dislike her. Well, i told him, never jump to conclusions.

Anyhow, it's all under control. Everything's fine. I can sleep better tonight.