Thursday, November 10, 2005

Baby Blue and Sunset Orange

Who would have thought that baby blue and sunset orange could look so pretty together...

Down, sad, discouraged doesnt begin to describe how I feel today.

I realised in a heartbeat that I was ready to scream if I didnt get out of the house. At 7.38pm.

So I dressed in trackpants and a warm sweater in a hurry and informed my uncle that I was going for a walk.

And absorbed the beautiful flowers in the gardens of all the houses in my neighbourhood. Red, pink, white, yellow, lilac and orange... the crisp air, the rain drops on the petals, the crunch of the grass beneath my shoes, the birds calling out.

And looked up to see the most beguiling sky, in baby blue, with a warm orange sunset ablaze in glory.

Wished I had a camera.

But beautiful and breathtaking as it is, it still couldnt take away this feeling inside me.

I never wanted the walk to end.

I came over, with the intention of starting a new life. I intended to start with a clean slate. I was ready to challenge myself with the unknown and the possibilities.

I suppose it goes hand in hand.. the fear, the uncertainty... together with that of a new start and a new slate...

But sometimes it seems as though you are not allowed to wipe the slate clean... that it's still tainted with the old... that you can't be allowed to forget that you are not from here originally... that chances are not often given...