Thursday, November 10, 2005

Pride and Sensibility

I may appear nonchalant or even lackadisical to the outsider. But I do have my pride.

Early this morning I went to a blog written by a Malaysian comtemporary. There was a comment made about Malaysians who migrate to Australia, and then laze around living on the Oz dough. Some people commented, and there was this guy who generalised that Malaysians are taking advantage of this dough system.

I agree some people do that. But as a Malaysian I needed to defend my own people. Because I am a good example of the opposite of what he was saying.

Not a good thing to get pissed off by a comment made by a stranger, but there you have it.

I am proud. I'm not afraid to say it. I DO NOT want to depend on the government's dough system. Which is why I've not registered with Centrelink to get the unemployment dough. I REFUSED to sign up. Even when my cousin said I should. So while it is a LONG 2 months, I'm going to hang in there and continue looking for work, then maybe when I'm desperate - See, I'm not that desperate yet - then I shall register.

Take that, stranger!