Thursday, November 10, 2005

It’s my unemployment and I’ll shop if I want to!

I just came back from shopping. K-Mart has 15% store-wide discounts. This includes even prepaid top-up. Which is fantastic, cos I get $30 worth of calls even though I paid only $25.

I also got a bag for my mom, cos mom doesn’t know how to buy bags. It’s either too small, or too big! This one’s perfect. I know she will like it. Strange though that I can decide on something for mom, but I have a difficult time settling on one bag for myself. I always ponder on the size, is it too big, is it too small, the colour, is that too bright, is that too boring, is that too dull, the weight, the functions of it, where I can use it for, is it practical, is it too formal, too casual, does it make me look like an auntie, would it clash with my outfit, which is mostly jeans now, and the questioning goes on!! I can never decide on one immediately. Not even after 15 minutes of standing there, thinking.

But if someone gave me something, I would most likely like it!!! And then I’m left wondering, why can’t I buy something like this for myself? Stupid woman…

All this shopping is not good. Never said it was good. For the wallet. Unemployed and shopping is not good. But I can’t help myself. Gotta go check it out! What woman can resist sales? No sane one, I assure you.

Yet, unemployment rate has gone up. In September this year, it’s increased by 5.2 per cent. Still they say that there are lots of jobs due to the Christmas season. More food, more gift deliveries, more shopping. But I've yet to receive a call from any of those recruitment agencies for work...

But at least I’m healthy. I’ve never been so healthy in my whole life. Ok, so I’m not doing much exercise now, but the air is clean (I dun have headaches anymore), the atmosphere is cooling (less tantrums), the food is good (my aunt cooks great, and she loves spices and nuts), fruits aplenty (Australians eat more fruits than any other country – I’ve never eaten so much), the lifestyle is relaxing (no honking or rushing on the streets or train stations, regular bus and train schedules, well, mostly, there were some complaints lately) and I sleep more.

But I wonder if I will return to my former self once I get a job. Would I get more headaches? Probably. Stress? Probably. Angry and frustrated? Probably. But at least I won’t be obese and need so much sick leave.

Obese workers 'more likely to take a sickie'.

I never used to take a lot of MCs. That pride I talked about earlier always spikes up whenever I think of all the work waiting for me in the office and I hate having to leave it mountaining on my desk. Maybe I should start walking every evening now… why tempt fate? Or poor health?