Sunday, November 20, 2005

Feeling Blue and Orange but Life MUST go on

Top of the day to me. And peace and good will to everyone. Well, I know it’s late - it’s 5pm now – but there was something wrong with the modem and now it’s miraculously come back online. Technology for you… go figure.

What does 29 feel? Nothing much different. But maybe for me, it’s a moment of reflection, to assess what I have done so far, and it’s very humbling, humiliating?, depressing, saddening, daunting to know what it’s not very much.

So it is today that I’ve decided that I’m going on a break from blogging for awhile. And it was seeing a pair of balloons that made me walk down that path of decision.

Baby blue and orange. I kid you not.

What did it mean? Omen? Of what? Hope? Faith? Possibilities? Life? Chances? Take a week off? Give yourself a break? Reroute all circuits and reboot?

And so I decided. Realign. Alter some wires. Change some compartments. Move blocks away. Smash stereotypes. Shelf doubt. Shroud fear. Embrace the underlined shy. Nourish the hiding arty soul, eyes and heart.

I’m going back to drawing and painting. I was quite good in my younger days, before college came and uni snared all the attention away from my arty desire. I came from arty parents; my father had a musical ear and my mother was good in drawing and painting.

The great thing about here in Oz is that you can borrow books of any subject matter from the libraries. And so I hied away myself to borrow some books on watercolour. My motivation is to paint scenes from my dreams. They have been burning – BURNING – inside me for some time. I need to get them off my brain and onto canvas! I want to see where it goes and where it takes me.

My next project is to redesign my site. Hence I need all the help I can get. Anyone CARE TO help me? I SO need help - Webdesign is not my strong point… *grimace* Learnt Dreamweaver before but I dun have the software and I’m not sure I remember to do it. Especially when I intend to put up some of my paintings (ambitious, eh?) and improve my writing.

So the next time I head back here would be to announce my new place. God willing. But I will still be going visiting my bloggies to see how everyone else fares.

Meanwhile, I think the message below will apply to everyone, including me.



This is Michael Leunig. His comics are quite provocative. Posted by Picasa