Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Do you feel old at your age?

I got a pleasant surprise yesterday. An early birthday card. Such a wonderful surprise. I had initially thought it to be a wedding invitation card promised by a fren in KL. So I left the house to submit my resume to the pet shop without looking at it. When I came back, I was so surprised by the return address ‘cos I knew who it was instantly.

Turning 29 is no big deal, I suppose, in comparison to those who turn, say, 30 or 39. But I am conscious of the fact that at 29, I am nowhere living the life I hope to live, or doing the things I hope to do. Of course one could console oneself by saying that 29 is still a young age. And it is. I suppose. Eat healthy and you’ll live longer. So age is relative.

That, or I’m in a huge state of denial!!! Hahahahhahaa….

But I’m not worried about age. I’m more worried about contentment, satisfaction, sense of worth and sense of wellbeing.